Luke Miorelli, P.E.
Luke has enjoyed serving as a Florida Certified State General Contractor for over 33 years. As President of MEC, Luke utilizes his thorough education and extensive experience in commercial construction and civil engineering to bring a unique outlook to each project regarding materials, cost, design and build.Connect with Luke on Linkedin
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, University of Florida, 1978
- Certified State General Contractor, State of Florida, 1981 License # CGC019528
- Professional Engineer, Registered in State of Florida, 1986 PE # 0036127
- Certified Masonry Inspector
- Senior Member of the National Academy of Forensic Engineers
- Member Brevard County Construction Industry Licensing Board
- Member Brevard County Building Code Board of Adjustments
- Chairman SCEDC Development Council and Executives Board 2014-2016
- Commercial Construction – Large industrial buildings, professional and medical offices, convenience stores, television towers and support facilities, special-use facilities and churches. Reinforced concrete, tilt-up concrete, reinforced masonry, structural steel, pre-engineered steel, post tensioned structures and other hybrid building types.
- Civil Design – Site planning and layout, roads, drainage, surface water pollution control, sanitary sewer systems, water distribution systems, utility relocation, zoning changes, zoning variances, FDEP, FDOT, and county and city permitting.
- Structural Design – Structural steel, reinforced concrete, pre-stressed concrete, timber, wood, reinforced masonry, structural renovations and modifications, piling, and signs.
- Forensic Engineering – Roof inspections, water infiltration, water damages, construction and design defects, storm damage, insect damage, construction claims, insurance claims and expert witness testimony.